After Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Break of After Forever

+2
The Key
Franneke
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Break of After Forever Empty The Break of After Forever

Post by Franneke Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:41 am

Well, is relative " old" new, but anyway it has to be mentioned here Razz

Dear fans,

as you might have noticed, After Forever experienced a lot in 2007.

A new deal with Nuclear Blast and The Entertainment Group, the release of a new album, gigs in Europe and the U.S.A./Canada, all thanks to your support.

Unfortunately, 2007 also had a negative side. Sander experienced the symtoms of a burn-out and had to stop playing with After Forever for a few months.

After Forever did a good job doing the scheduled gigs with mainly George (ex- Orphanage) as grunter, making possible the album could still be promoted.

After that, a European and an American/Canadian tour followed, with Sander this time, and his condition seemed to be ok.

Unfortunately, just recently, Sander fell victim to a seizure attack in an airplane, and after research that attack seemed to be stress related.

The doctors think this is a very serious matter, and they strongly advised him to not be involved with any After Forever activity for at least a year, to prevent a worse health situation.

Because Sander is one of the formers, songwriter and co manager of After Forever, an After Forever without him is no option.

The band has been able to solve his absence in 2007 live, but another year full of compromises would not be positive for the quality After Forever wants to offer.

After Forever is a band that wants to give 100% and that's just not possible now.

With pain in our hearts, we had to decide that After Forever has to take a break of at least a year and hope you will all repect that.

It's terrible not to be able to do all the great gigs and activities we were planning, but it's even worse for After Forever to do those things with a compromise.

We highly value everything the band has achieved, and we don't want to lose that.

We also realise we ask a lot of our fans since we know what our gigs and music means to them.

However, we will all still be active in the music scene. Because of this break everybody gets the chance to focus on projects.

On our site and myspace sites we'll keep you updated about those projects.

Not a very good start of the year, but thanks a lot for all your support and understanding, for now, for the future, but also for the past year.

We won't forget you and hope to meet you again if After Forever returns in full shape!!!

Floor, Sander, Bas, Joost, Luuk and Andre
Franneke
Franneke
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 5070
Humor : I also hate sarcasm!!!!!!!!!
Bless :
The Break of After Forever Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100The Break of After Forever Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The Break of After Forever Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Break of After Forever Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

http://www.myspace.com/franciska_af

Back to top Go down

The Break of After Forever Empty Re: The Break of After Forever

Post by The Key Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:43 am

We're sad but we can waiting him!
The Key
The Key
The Ultimate AF Fan
The Ultimate AF Fan

Female
Number of posts : 4769
Humor : I hate sarcasm!!
Bless :
The Break of After Forever Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100The Break of After Forever Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
The Break of After Forever Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Break of After Forever Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Diane Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:33 pm

Well I wanted to bring this thread back to life. I have found myself listening to a lot of AF lately I cant believe they have been on a break for nearly 6 months now.

Hopefully (and im praying so much) they will come back at the beginning of next year so we only have another 6 months to wait for them to make an appearance again Very Happy
Diane
Diane

Female
Number of posts : 882
Humor : I have lots of that.
Bless :
The Break of After Forever Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100The Break of After Forever Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:50 pm

Has it really been 6 Months already? Shocked That's fantastic! We only have another 6 months left to go!! bounce
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Number of posts : 803
Humor : Lots
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-17

http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Franneke Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:04 am

we dont know yet
it could take 1 year and half of a year! Sad

but anyway, if we survived 6 months, we can wait still! Very Happy Razz
Franneke
Franneke
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Bless :
The Break of After Forever Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100The Break of After Forever Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Diane Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:53 am

Yes they already say it may take longer but I am just wishful thinking well I was last night anyway! Razz
Diane
Diane

Female
Bless :
The Break of After Forever Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100The Break of After Forever Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktsunami Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:51 am

I'm starting to get into AF and I'm upset that they are on break. It's deppressing.
Ktsunami
Ktsunami
Come
Come

Female
Number of posts : 279
Humor : I enjoy sarcasm very much :P
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-18

http://www.femmesfatalesfm.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:27 am

Ktsunami wrote:I'm starting to get into AF and I'm upset that they are on break. It's deppressing.

Same here Sad I strated to like them just before they announced the break Rolling Eyes
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by TearsOfNightfall Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:27 pm

Me too, I had liked them for a while, but they'd only just become one of my favorite bands.

It's really been six months already, though? Wow, that seemed to go fast, hopefully they'll be back before we know it...providing everything goes well.
TearsOfNightfall
TearsOfNightfall
Come
Come

Female
Number of posts : 434
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktsunami Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:27 pm

I hope. I may start crying if they don't release something or go on tour or...or...I don't know. Sad
Ktsunami
Ktsunami
Come
Come

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Franneke Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:06 pm

yeah, its hard for us all, I think maybe next year at this same date we could get news about the band, hopeful *
actually, I'm trying to put my attention in other things, and listening to and discovering another great bands! Razz Very Happy
Franneke
Franneke
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Diane Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:26 pm

Fran - Thats what I have been doing too HAHA although the bands I have been listening to half of the people in my country havent heard of and not one of their albums has been released yet which I suppose is good in a way I dont like popular bands if I am honest Razz
Diane
Diane

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:31 am

I dont like popular bands too. Not only because they're popular, but because they're very simple and boring..

I'm also listen to different bands.. this break it's really hard for us.
The Key
The Key
The Ultimate AF Fan
The Ultimate AF Fan

Female
Bless :
The Break of After Forever Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100The Break of After Forever Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Diane Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:35 pm

I find that when bands get popular they seem to forget about the fans who were there right from the start supporting them and in my opinion the fans are really horrible when a band start to get big. Razz
Diane
Diane

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:30 pm

hahhahah

It's true, as you can see in End of an era dvd (Nightwish).. many girls crying.. so boring! The girls thought that they were gothic girls in a gothic concert.. They was crying in each song!
The Key
The Key
The Ultimate AF Fan
The Ultimate AF Fan

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:11 pm

From official forum, by Sander:

All of the AF members want to continue, we all love After Forever and we are proud of what we did.
Sure, everybody has different musical interests, but honestly, so far every band I've met deals with that situation.
After Forever has been a very important part of my life, and it's sad that the part that has given me so much great experiences can also bring you a lot of difficulties.
Remember, this is a break, and in a break it's always hard to talk about a continuation, because obviously this break is needed.

That doesn't mean AF will end, but give us some time do what's nessecary to create whatever's needed to continue.
Yes, I'm still occupied with AF, partly with staying in touch, partly with dealing with business stuff from the past years and partly with just enjoying the positive stuff we have experienced throughout the years, and that's also a lot, thanks to many of you who are still on the board!

The only thing I can say now is what I've said before:
Keep the After Forever spirit alive!

Believe me, although we all have sideprojects, we are all proud to be part of After Forever and we are all still in touch!
Sometimes I might be a bit ironic about a lot of things concerning the Gothic Metal Scene, and yes, I'm disappointed in some aspects of the music scene in general, but I will never regret the work we've done so far and never forget the fanbase we have now has to be a very openminded one, since we haven't made it easy for all of you! Like I said before, our albums are all different and there all always different opinions about them.
The fanbase we built is a special one, and that is a serious part of the fact we are really, really doing our best to make sure we make the best out of the break, for us, for you and for After Forever.

I find myself actually listening to AF albums lately, something I havent been doing in a long time......and yeah, without wanting to be arrogant, I can actually say are at least a very special band in the so called scene.
The last thing I want is to add an uninspired album to that, unfortunately something that happens a lot in the current scene in my opinion.

Wether yoú're really impatient to see us again on stage, or you're actually ok with the break or even an end of AF, I respect and understand all of your feelings.
That's why I decided to write this update at this moment, give me some time to work out some stuff....I always tried to stay in touch and I will also stay in touch with uou about this subject, just give it some time!:-)

I'm so happy with his comment.
The Key
The Key
The Ultimate AF Fan
The Ultimate AF Fan

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:17 pm

It doesn't answer anything though Razz To me it's sounds more and more like they are going to split Sad
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:25 pm

I dont think so. I think AF won't split.
The Key
The Key
The Ultimate AF Fan
The Ultimate AF Fan

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:31 pm

I hope not, i so want to see them live before they do Twisted Evil
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktsunami Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:32 pm

As a realist, I'd have to say, Caz is probably right...all the signs are there

*cries eyes out*
Ktsunami
Ktsunami
Come
Come

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:33 pm

*cries with Kayleigh*
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:37 pm

Girls, you're so cruel. (hehe)

I need to believe they will not split. AF is my favourite band if they wont back I'll cry and.. and.. buá buá! Crying or Very sad
The Key
The Key
The Ultimate AF Fan
The Ultimate AF Fan

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Franneke Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:38 pm

I wanna be optimistic! I also dont think they're gonna split

Just attention to these words:

Remember, this is a break, and in a break it's always hard to talk about a continuation, because obviously this break is needed.

That doesn't mean AF will end, but give us some time do what's nessecary to create whatever's needed to continue.

Is just that!
Now I have faith Smile
Franneke
Franneke
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:38 pm

Hahaha i know how you feel Thais, they are my favourite too now Sad And i've never seen them live
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktsunami Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:40 pm

*sniff sniff*

I'll try to optimistic with Fran and Thais...key word try.
Ktsunami
Ktsunami
Come
Come

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next