After Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you prefer AF with or without Mark?

+7
Beautiful_Monster
Ktsunami
Caz
TearsOfNightfall
Diane
The Key
Franneke
11 posters

Go down

Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Empty Do you prefer AF with or without Mark?

Post by Franneke Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:37 pm

So that's the question, let's start a nice discussion ^^

I myself enjoy mainly Decipher from Mark's era, I think it's a master piece!
And well, I love actual AF's era, I like all the experimentation and new sound they are getting with later albums! Very Happy
It's clear that Mark's music it's about symphonic and orchestral stuff, the gothic metal stuff ^^, and now AF have followed a heavy/metal sound and even 80's music its a big part of their influences Razz
I'm with this last stuff mostly! And I think it's cool Mark left AF because not only he formed Epica, but because now both parts can make the music they love and enjoy mostly Very Happy
and to be honest, I wont like to hear a fourth Decipher in AF Razz Laughing
Franneke
Franneke
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 5070
Humor : I also hate sarcasm!!!!!!!!!
Bless :
Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

http://www.myspace.com/franciska_af

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Empty Re: Do you prefer AF with or without Mark?

Post by The Key Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:44 pm

With Mark. It was the best era of AF. My two fav albums are with Mark.
However I'm glad with Bas, he's fine and has talent too.
The Key
The Key
The Ultimate AF Fan
The Ultimate AF Fan

Female
Number of posts : 4769
Humor : I hate sarcasm!!
Bless :
Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Empty Re: Do you prefer AF with or without Mark?

Post by Diane Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:05 pm

I think both eras have good things about them tbh. I love the Mark era with Decipher it is one of my favourite albums but I love the albums after what he did just as much the band changed and for the best.
Diane
Diane

Female
Number of posts : 882
Humor : I have lots of that.
Bless :
Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by TearsOfNightfall Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:39 pm

Oddly, even though pure orchestral and Gothic metal is my favorite genre of music, I much prefer AF without Mark...Epica isn't bad, and AF's old albums are also pretty good, but for some reason I've never been a huge fan of any of his work... I love AF's current music, it has a such a power and vitality.
TearsOfNightfall
TearsOfNightfall
Come
Come

Female
Number of posts : 434
Bless :
Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:08 am

Without. I just think they are perfect the way they are now Twisted Evil It oviously works better this way so they shouldn't change a thing now, i hope Razz
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Number of posts : 803
Humor : Lots
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-17

http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:11 pm

I prefer the songs with Mark but I think the actual line-up is better because they're more happy now.. Rolling Eyes
The Key
The Key
The Ultimate AF Fan
The Ultimate AF Fan

Female
Bless :
Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Franneke Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:45 am

The Key wrote:I prefer the songs with Mark but I think the actual line-up is better because they're more happy now.. Rolling Eyes

good point, that's true! they'rew now happier than in those old times...
both parts indeed Razz
Franneke
Franneke
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Bless :
Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Do you prefer AF with or without Mark? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktsunami Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:40 pm

Without Mark...they improved so much after he left!
Ktsunami
Ktsunami
Come
Come

Female
Number of posts : 279
Humor : I enjoy sarcasm very much :P
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-18

http://www.femmesfatalesfm.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:36 pm

Ktsunami wrote:Without Mark...they improved so much after he left!

I agree, you can really see the difference Twisted Evil
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Number of posts : 803
Humor : Lots
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-17

http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Monster Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:25 pm

Caz wrote:
Ktsunami wrote:Without Mark...they improved so much after he left!

I agree, you can really see the difference Twisted Evil

Yeah, I also agree with you!
Beautiful_Monster
Beautiful_Monster
Follow in the Cry
Follow in the Cry

Female
Number of posts : 591
Location : Russia, South-Western Siberia, Novosibirsk/Kemerovo
Humor : Black!
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://vkontakte.ru/id9346766?73623

Back to top Go down

Post by harzza1 Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:30 am

can't say. Mark is a musical genius and I admire him so, so, so much. I've analyzed his work for a long time and time after time I might smash my fist on the table and shout "OH MY GOD THIS GUY IS UNREAL". I think it's cool that Mark isn't in AF anymore, because both AF & Epica are doing indescribable job at the moment. What I've seen Mark's iviews and heard things he said on the live gigs and after I just felt that Mark might not even understand how overwhelming and awesome he is as songwriter, as guitarist, as grunter and as person. Absolutely the guy I respect the most in this world.

harzza1
Estranged
Estranged

Male
Number of posts : 31
Humor : Yes (:D)
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowlight166 Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:25 pm

I prefer AF without Mark although all of their albums are excellent, I just like the later albums better.
shadowlight166
shadowlight166
Withering Time
Withering Time

Number of posts : 868
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Ene Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:05 pm

With Mark, it was lot more ''artistic'' and special with Mark.
Mark is one of the most amazing songwriters living, but most of people cant undertand it, because Mark's music is so complicated
I like the stuff AF have done resently, but not as much, its easier now
Ene
Ene
Estranged
Estranged

Number of posts : 18
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:19 am

Ene wrote:With Mark, it was lot more ''artistic'' and special with Mark.
Mark is one of the most amazing songwriters living, but most of people cant undertand it, because Mark's music is so complicated

I totally agree with you! Surprised
The Key
The Key
The Ultimate AF Fan
The Ultimate AF Fan

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by harzza1 Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:35 pm

Ene wrote:With Mark, it was lot more ''artistic'' and special with Mark.
I'm VERY happy to see that i'm not alone here thinking absolutely the same!!1 Smile
Myself, I began to understand totally his points and it was pretty shocking because it just was so brilliant. I was about to write few pages about his style to build the songs. Prolly I will write it next month. It's just that noone else does it as Mark does. Just unbelievable... Wink

harzza1
Estranged
Estranged

Male
Number of posts : 31
Humor : Yes (:D)
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Franneke Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:18 pm

I like Mark where he is now: Epica Wink

Dont get me wrong, I love both eras but I enjoy myself the latest albums better because I think they show more versatility and variety: in music, vocal wise and lyrics, and that's the music I like the most, it's a matter of taste above all Razz

Also, I think if Mark was still in AF, the band would be still making same albums, ( as happen in Epica, band that I also enjoy) and we wont know about Epica, and I think most probably they got to split up because they all werent happy in the band ...

but as I've already said, is a matter of taste Razz Wink
Franneke
Franneke
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen_Angel Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:51 pm

i prefer them without mark because firstly mark left and then, he made epica a band that is obviously a symphonic metal band without any changes in their sound without any "experimental" periods. after forever keep changing! i think that's really good. secondly i think this line up is great. we can see that live we can see that in signing sessions! so, for me, mark left for good Wink
Frozen_Angel
Frozen_Angel
Estranged
Estranged

Female
Number of posts : 16
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-08-12

http://www.tarjaturunengr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ene Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Frozen_Angel wrote:i prefer them without mark because firstly mark left and then, he made epica a band that is obviously a symphonic metal band without any changes in their sound without any "experimental" periods. after forever keep changing! i think that's really good. secondly i think this line up is great. we can see that live we can see that in signing sessions! so, for me, mark left for good Wink

Have you heard The Divine Conspiracy?
It changed Epica's style very much, its now different from any band.
They werent unique before TDC, now they are.
There are lot of speed/black/death/doom elements on the new album,
i wouldnt consider it just ''gothic'' metal or symphonic metal, its lot more

Also i like the fact AF is changing their style, thats the way they stay unique too,
not just ''one of the female fronted bands''
I must say, these two bands are BEST of all femme metal bands, and the most unique.
Ene
Ene
Estranged
Estranged

Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:43 pm

I don't think the changing of AF sound is a good thing. I know I'm the only one who thinks that, but what can I do? I prefer their oldest music (from POD to IC). Anyway I like songs like Dreamflight, LIving shields and Only everything.
The Key
The Key
The Ultimate AF Fan
The Ultimate AF Fan

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ene Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:55 pm

The Key wrote:I don't think the changing of AF sound is a good thing. I know I'm the only one who thinks that, but what can I do? I prefer their oldest music (from POD to IC). Anyway I like songs like Dreamflight, LIving shields and Only everything.

Well yeah, i enjoy older stuff more too, but i like the newer as well.
I think best change is Floor's vocals.
She sounded pretty horrible on Prison Of Desire.
Ene
Ene
Estranged
Estranged

Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down