After Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Sander's Blog

2 posters

Go down

New Sander's Blog Empty New Sander's Blog

Post by Franneke Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:28 am

On his myspace Wink

Graspop/ Me(n)tal injection!;-)

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I gave you an update, simply because not much was happening over here:-) As you all know, I need to take it easy, so that's what I'm trying to do! Obviously, not the most exciting things are happening in such a situation, but thank goodness there are always things to look forward to....

...like Graspop, which took place last weekend!
I really needed to go there, the program was really special to me this time, lots of bands I really like, and some might never come back again!
How cool is it that you can still see bands like Whitesnake, Judas Priest, Kiss, Def Leppard and Iron Maiden (with the eighties props!!!!!!!!!!)

Ok, I didn't like all of them, but it was still amazing to see that all these different metalfans can still appreciate the oldies, and it became clear to me once again that metal is a way of living in many ways! Obviously, first of all, it's just another way of creating music, but it's also something that binds a big group of different people.
Sometimes it reminds me of a medieval battle, with all the flags, all those people and this heroic music!
There's no other type of music that has so much intensity, so much diversity, so much show elements and such a relatively short but interesting history!

Now, it might seem strange to hear from someone who's actually in a female fronted band, but I was relieved there weren't many goth or female fronted bands playing this time.
Yes, I do like this kind of music sometimes, but since this type of music is still relatively young, there's still too much crap that I can't take seriously.
The past years, it almost seemed to overwhelm the festivals, but this year the quality seemed to be returning again!!!

After Forever ment and still means a lot to me, and people who really know the band, can hear that our influences are often different than those from a lot of other bands in our genre. On Graspop, there were quite a few bands that have influenced me writing AF songs and HDK songs, and watching these bands made me realise again how grateful I can be that I could put these ideas on an actual album!
Without bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, At the Gates, Testament, Whitesnake, Iced Earth, Symphony X and many others I probably wouldn't be playing this music, realising they still rule live makes me proud!!!!

It seems that metal is still alive, but also creating again a chance for skilled young musicians to create great solos and riffs!!! The technical metal is back again, the solos are back again, the over the top vocals are back again, I have the feeling that there will be some great new bands spoiling us with great creative metal after this trend of comeback bands!
It was great meeting a lot of people who visited the AF gigs and people I haven't seen a long time ago, and it brought back some good memories!

I also watched the soccer finale (watched almost every game this year;-) on Graspop together with the Germans and the Spanish people, since there's always a sportive hostality between the Germans and the Dutch people I have to confess I was really happy that Spain won;-) Then again, the German authentic metal fans have the best looks, so that's also one point for them!;-)

Upcoming festival is going to be Bospop, EUROPE is playing there, so I just have to be there!:-) Can't wait to see them live again!!!!
I'd like to thank you all again for staying in touch, for still supporting After Forever and for being interested in HDK!
Since I had to do more business stuff considering After Forever than I thought, HDK had to wait again but that also gave me the opportunity to work out a good contract with the right label for this kind of stuff!
More updates about this soon! (and this time for real!!!!!!!!!!!:-)

Take care everybody, hope you are all enjoying the summer but not too much because that is not metal;-)

Cheers

Sander
Franneke
Franneke
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 5070
Humor : I also hate sarcasm!!!!!!!!!
Bless :
New Sander's Blog Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100New Sander's Blog Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
New Sander's Blog Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Sander's Blog Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

http://www.myspace.com/franciska_af

Back to top Go down

New Sander's Blog Empty Re: New Sander's Blog

Post by The Key Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:43 pm

hehe

I love his sense of humour.
It's nice to hear some good news about his life. Wink
The Key
The Key
The Ultimate AF Fan
The Ultimate AF Fan

Female
Number of posts : 4769
Humor : I hate sarcasm!!
Bless :
New Sander's Blog Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100New Sander's Blog Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
New Sander's Blog Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Sander's Blog Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down