After Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you ever been in an AF concert?

+3
Diane
TearsOfNightfall
Franneke
7 posters

Go down

Have you ever been in an AF concert? Empty Have you ever been in an AF concert?

Post by Franneke Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:32 am

If you have attended any AF gig, share with us your experience here! Smile
I cannot, since when they came here on 2005, I had lack of money and companior Sad Sad Sad
x
( you dont have idea how much blame myself because of that!)
Franneke
Franneke
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 5070
Humor : I also hate sarcasm!!!!!!!!!
Bless :
Have you ever been in an AF concert? Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Have you ever been in an AF concert? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Have you ever been in an AF concert? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Have you ever been in an AF concert? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

http://www.myspace.com/franciska_af

Back to top Go down

Have you ever been in an AF concert? Empty Re: Have you ever been in an AF concert?

Post by TearsOfNightfall Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:26 am

I haven't ever seen them live, either. They didn't come anywhere close to me on their last U.S. tour. Sad
TearsOfNightfall
TearsOfNightfall
Come
Come

Female
Number of posts : 434
Bless :
Have you ever been in an AF concert? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Have you ever been in an AF concert? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Have you ever been in an AF concert? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Have you ever been in an AF concert? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Have you ever been in an AF concert? Empty Re: Have you ever been in an AF concert?

Post by Diane Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:41 pm

I have seen them live:

Download Festival 2007
Leeds Rio September 2007
Nottingham September 2007
London September 2007
P60 Amstelveen (Holland) December 2007
Fenix Sittard (Holland) December 2007

Which review would you like to hear?? Smile
Diane
Diane

Female
Number of posts : 882
Humor : I have lots of that.
Bless :
Have you ever been in an AF concert? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Have you ever been in an AF concert? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:44 pm

Do you wanna kill us, Diane? Razz

hehe

Yeah, I saw them live in October 11th 2006. It was the best day in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was in front of Sander!! Very Happy
The Key
The Key
The Ultimate AF Fan
The Ultimate AF Fan

Female
Number of posts : 4769
Humor : I hate sarcasm!!
Bless :
Have you ever been in an AF concert? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Have you ever been in an AF concert? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Diane Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:19 pm

HAHA no!! Wink

I am just an AF gig addict Razz
Diane
Diane

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Franneke Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:38 am

lol

well, I'd like to know a bit better about those on Holland bounce, by the way how much it is the total cost of a trip roundtrip plus tickets of the show??
I want to know! bounce Very Happy
Franneke
Franneke
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Bless :
Have you ever been in an AF concert? Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Have you ever been in an AF concert? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Diane Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:42 am

I will write up a review of the Holland trips for you later then because I dont have much time to do it now !

An around the trip show in England is quite expensive considering traveling and hotels etc Tickets of the show are relatively cheap here due to the fact AF arent all that popular anyway and play in really small venues, tickets cost £13. Going to the 3 gigs in England cost me quite a lot I think it was about £400 to £500 in total for the 3 days that wasnt including staying in hotels. I could only afford to stay in 1 hotel (Which cost a fortune) so I had to sleep rough for 2 days and I didnt have much money to eat either it was very tiring but it was well worthit! Razz The traveling of all of it cost the most, trains here in England are ridiculously overpriced so the next time I do this again I will be hiring a car least I could possibly sleep in it as well Razz
Diane
Diane

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Diane Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:46 pm

Right now I will write my experience of the Holland shows now I have much time on my hands!

I decided to travel to Holland at the time I did so I could see 2 shows and not just 1 (the idea was very expensive). I woke up at 5am and got to the airport our flight was at 7am. Arrived in Holland found our hotel by taxi who totally saw we were tourists and overcharged us very badly (30 Euros or something stupid like that) dumped our bags, I fell asleep for an hour, I couldnt sleep because I was too excited about the whole experience my friend fell asleep for what seemed hours! I just wanted to go out and do touristy things!

Got ready and went to look for the venue eventually found it, it looked very unusual more like a bar/restaurant rather than a gig venue. There was a big market outside which I had a look around and then went for a walk and bumped into Andre, first thing that he said "Are you drunk yet?" (random joke between us) he had to rush inside the venue to do soundcheck. We went to a restaurant and looked at the menu which was all in Dutch we had no idea what anything was but the people were really helpful and translated everything for us. We went back to the venue to go into the bar area to have a couple of Dutch beers, after that we went outside to queue up (freezed our asses off, word of advice if you are going to Holland in the winter months it is very very cold much more colder than England so a piece of advice would be to take at least 3 coats and even then you may be a bit cold!)

Got inside the venue was relatively small. AF came on after the support act and blew me away, in between the songs there was a lot of Dutch talk going on I had no idea what they were saying but it was all good I was just happy to be seeing AF again. Sander wasnt playing at this time as he was ill but Dennis did very well on all accounts. The gig was at P60 Amstelveen, the setlist has already appeared online somewhere.

After the show we hung around the venue for a while (we didnt know whether the band were coming out or anything because we couldnt understand what they were saying towards the end) I was really tired and said to my friend after waiting an hour or so I wanted to go home to get ready for the next day, as we were walking down the stairs who should only come up the stairs but Joost who told us to go back up to have a chat along with Luuk. A few minutes later Floor walked up the stairs and recognised me and my friend and came over and chatted to us for a while thanked us for being there and somehow seemed to know we were going to the gig next day (turns out that Sander told them all we were going to the gig the next day for some unbeknown reason Razz) Me and my friend hung around the venue for a while drinking etc We asked Bas how to get to Sittard the next day (as that was where the gig was taking place) he said "aw its fucking easy the Netherlands is tiny you cant get lost" (doesnt sound funny but it was the way he said it!)

Next day awoke relatively early and had to find our way back to Amsterdam in order to get the train to Sittard. After getting lost finally arrived at the train station. On the way to Sittard it was a great chance to see how beautiful the Netherlands is and how the country changes from going from North to South (the South is a lot more countryside and is very beautiful). Finally arrived at lunchtime. I had the hope of finding the hotel, dumping our bags and going to have a look around parts of Sittard but it did not work out like that me and my friend got totally lost and spent at least 5 hours looking for the hotel, we asked for directions but couldnt follow them because it was hard to understand the southern Dutch people lol. Finally found the hotel and headed to the venue after grabbing some food.

The venue was very small again I bought my merchandise and then headed to watch the show. My friend saw Sander appear in the crowd and she went to talk to him. Again Sander asked if I was drunk yet (this is just a really bad joke I have with them all it seems) Razz Again AF came on and I was totally blown away again for the whole set. The highlight of the show was when Floor thanked me and my friend for traveling there and also thanked some French fans who seemed to be at the same gigs as me and my friend.

The band had an after party which me and my friend stayed for, we managed to talk to Sander about a lot of things not just about music but general stuff, I met Bas's mum and girlfriend Andrea Beckers who is so sweet. Then I met Floor again who me and my friend talked to for a quite a while she gave me a hug (I will treasure forever lol!) and she asked us what we thought of Sittard as this is where the band are from we told her we didnt get to see much of it due to the fact that we got lost most of the time but we did like it then she asked if I wanted a photo, the photo was so funny she put her arm round me and made some comment about how small I was I was not very impressed at all and I told her that but she knew I was just joking! Razz I managed to talk to Sander and Bas again towards the end of the night and they were telling me and my friend about the school they used to go to and that when we walked back to our hotel we should look for it because it was on the way (which we did HA). The band stayed around for around 2 or 3 hours or something I just remember leaving cause I had had too much to drink HA.

THE END Razz Cool

I am rubbish at writing reviews so if I have missed anything out or you found this boring please do tell me Razz
Diane
Diane

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Franneke Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:46 pm

yay! that's a super great experience Diane!! Very Happy
Thanks for the hints about costs and stuff too Razz

( Hopefully someday I'll be able to tell my story as well , hehe Razz)

Now I'd like to "hear" more about the England shows! Very Happy
Franneke
Franneke
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Diane Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:15 am

Franneke wrote:yay! that's a super great experience Diane!! Very Happy
Thanks for the hints about costs and stuff too Razz

( Hopefully someday I'll be able to tell my story as well , hehe Razz)

Now I'd like to "hear" more about the England shows! Very Happy

I am sure you will experience it one day it wont be too long away and I am sure when they announce a tour South America will be on there somewhere Wink

You want me to write a review about the England shows? I will be here forever HA Right here it goes.

The first gig was at Leeds Rios. I had to work the full day and finished work at 5pm. I had a very eager journey to Leeds (which is about an hour away from where I live) cost of the journey was quite expensive even though it wasnt so far from where I live (I found from the whole experience that the further you traveled the cheaper it was for some strange reason!) anyway I got to the destination my friend was waiting for me by this time it was only an hour until the show and I just wanted to get there. We got a taxi to the hotel which happened to be right next to the venue so it was a very good job (you will see why later! Cool ) I dumped by bag and went straight to the venue, no one was queuing when I arrived which was a huge disappointment. Got inside the venue and it was like just going to a normal pub or something there was a bar in there as well as a floor area for people to stand and then a little stage, was totally awesome and the best venue of the whole experience by far. The support was really rubbish and I hated every minute of it. Then AF took to the stage. It was the first time I had properly seen them as the previous time was at a festival and their setlist was very short. They totally blew me away and I didnt want it to end. At the end of their set Floor announced they were going to be doing a signing at the merchandise stand so I went to the bar and got some drinks and waited for them. My friend talks to Bas and has become really good friends with him so we spotted him and went to talk to him. It was the first time I had met Bas or even spoke to him and all he did throughout the whole conversation was take the piss out of my accent and pretend he couldnt understand a word I was saying, was totally funny but I know he was only joking Razz I got a few things signed by the other members and then me and my friend went outside with Bas (In England you aren't allowed to smoke inside public places and because Bas smokes so much he took us outside!). We were chatting for a long while and then everyone seemed to be coming out of the venue and just walking straight passed us (not even recognising Bas at all Rolling Eyes but on the otherhand we got him all to ourselves!). We asked Bas where the other guys were, it was Andre's birthday so all the guys had paid money for him to go to see a lapdancer Bas couldnt go because he didnt have any money. He took me on the tour bus and got me some vodka prior to this he supplied me with lots of beer and insisted on giving me some of his tobacco to smoke (by this time I was half wasted anyway and I was having a nosy around the bus at everything and asking lots of questions I must have been a real pain in the ass Razz ). The other guys came back and said they were going to a pub and asked if me and my friend wanted to go with them, I went but my friend was tired and went back to the hotel. I went to the bar and they were all speaking in Dutch I have no idea what they were saying Razz About 10 minutes later I had had far too much to drink and had to get my friend to come and collect me and go back to the hotel (This is where all the drunk jokes come from from my reviews if you hadnt already noticed Razz )

The next day me and my friend set off to Nottingham we arrived at around lunchtime and the band had already arrived (me and my friend had hardly any sleep and had nowhere to sleep this night this was our first chance of sleeping rough for the night Sad) Sander and Andre had noticed me and my friend arriving and both came out to speak to us Sander handed us some food and said that he likes to look after his hardcore fans (I still have that crisp packet somewhere I am so sad Razz ). It was a heck of a long wait all day closer to the time of going in the venue we met two guys who we thought were really nice and talked to them for a while. We got inside the venue me and my friend had our bags with us so we stood at the back, we had a good view of the stage in any event because it was a very small venue once again. The two guys we had met outside the venue came to look for me and my friend when we were inside the venue and told us to come and stand with them at the front, I said no I didnt want to I was fine where I was but they forced us to go there so we did in the end. AF came on stage and blew me away yet again lol After the gig the two guys were attached to me and my friend like we were something special or something it turns out they only wanted to stay with us because they thought they would have a good chance of meeting the band and talking to them, I wanted to tell them how pathetic they were for thinking such a think but kept my opinions to myself. I dont like people like that who just use you because you have something they dont. I met them all once again after the gig I bought a poster this time around and gave it Bas to sign, he actually drew a picture of me drunk and said that was me the previous night Razz Floor laughed and Bas said you remember her right and she said "oh yes how could we forget Diane after that" Embarassed After talking to them for a while me and my friend headed to the station where we slept rough until the next day!

Next gig was in London the last one Sad arrived at the venue earlier than expected and met the band when they arrived who couldnt believe we were back again HAHA Luuk, Joost and Floor came out some time later and asked for directions on how to get to London Bridge I think it was because they wanted to go siteseeing (my friend from London gave them directions) they returned some time later and said they didnt go because they thought they were going to get lost so just went shopping round Camden Market instead (really famous gothic market) The gig was awesome again (how could it not be!) I met the band again after (I am sure they were sick of the site of me by the end!) We got kicked out of the venue and went outside and stood with the guys at the tour bus there was a little few jokes being commented at each other i.e. Joost's jewellery we called him a rapper because he was wearing what he called bling bling, Luuk's jacket and his hair and then Floor appeared saying she had just showered and was flying her hair in Joost's face saying it smelt of roses Razz Then a random weird looking guy approached Bas and asked him for something (cant remember what it was but it was a very funny conversation there is a video flying around somewhere online because my friend recorded the whole thing) They had to rush off a small time later because they were going to Paris.

I had a heck of a journey back home the next day but it was well worth it. I loved every minute of it.

And that is the end of my England experience.

Argh now I am sad. Writing these reviews has brought back all the memories I have had and how much I miss the guys and just seeing how random and friendly they all are No I hope 2009 comes around really quickly now!
Diane
Diane

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Franneke Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:37 am

awww, that's a really nice review and such a great experiences! you must to have those memories as a big treasure! Very Happy Sad
oh yes and I have seen that vid with that drunked guy, hahaha, hilarious!! Razz

I so long 2009 arrives soon too!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz
Franneke
Franneke
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheila Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:48 am

I saw AF in Houston, TX last October. It was close to a 6-hour trip but it was cool. They were the opening band for Sonata Arctica, and unfortunately, their set was pretty short but it was great.

Met them all except Andre...

Hmm...don't have the time now to give a detailed review (maybe I will come back to the thread and do that), but it was wonderful and I would really like to see them again someday. Very Happy
Sheila
Sheila
Estranged
Estranged

Female
Number of posts : 55
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:14 pm

Great review Diane!

I saw your pics with them Sheila! Really amazing.
The Key
The Key
The Ultimate AF Fan
The Ultimate AF Fan

Female
Number of posts : 4769
Humor : I hate sarcasm!!
Bless :
Have you ever been in an AF concert? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Have you ever been in an AF concert? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleFusions Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:14 pm

I saw them at Download Festival in 07 which was a great performance, although unfortunately short. While Within Temptation were doing their acoustic set in the nokia tent, Floor, Joost & Luuk showed up to watch. Sharon tried tempting Floor up onto the stage, but she wouldn't go lol. The three of them ended up standing right behind me and my friend and we spoke with Floor who said she enjoyed performing at the festival. My friend told her that he thought they should do a UK tour and Floor said they were trying to organise one...hence..

London Underworld 07 (as well as some other UK dates) LoL. Fantastic gig. Before the gig, the band were in the pub above the Underworld getting some food where me and a couple of friends went over to chat (before they started eating of course lol). Everyone was really nice and said they were looking forward to performing. The support group were from Poland...they were called Terminal and were actually pretty good I thought. Floor's vocals were amazing as ever and Sander made it over for this one whereas he wasn't at DL. After the gig, Floor said they were all going to do some signing and chatting upstairs, but, we had to go otherwise I'd have missed my tube train Sad
PurpleFusions
PurpleFusions
Estranged
Estranged

Male
Number of posts : 98
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Franneke Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:17 pm

yay! great experiences Purple! Very Happy

by the way, do you guys have some pics of these gigs to share here with us? Razz
Franneke
Franneke
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktsunami Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:45 am

Nope, never. My dad's business partners saw them in '07.... Sad
Ktsunami
Ktsunami
Come
Come

Female
Number of posts : 279
Humor : I enjoy sarcasm very much :P
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-18

http://www.femmesfatalesfm.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Diane Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:51 pm

I have some uploaded on my Myspace page I will get round to doing the others at some point it just takes me a while and I havent got the patience Razz
Diane
Diane

Female
Bless :

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum