After Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony

3 posters

Go down

[SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony Empty [SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony

Post by Franneke Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:22 pm

from official AF Forum

On Sunday, December 28, in 013 in Tilburg for the first time Christmas Metal Sympony be implemented, a new, unique and bold kerstshow especially designed for the real metalfan.
Het's all about the story of Jonathan. This during the show will be guided dienen.
De musical production is in the hands of After Forever keyboard player Joost Van Den Broek (After Forever), specially for this occasion is the cooperation with the Magnum Opus band Rockestra.De which provides the musical basis during the show, consists solely of real rock \u0026amp; metal veterans: Autumn Koen (Epica: Drums), Marcel Coenen (Sun caged: guitar), Johan Van Stratum (Stream of Passion: bass), Sander Gommans (After Forever : Guitar) Jeffrey Revet (Stream of Passion: Keyboards) and, of course, Joost van den Broek itself (Keyboards).

fonte: Podiuminfo.nl

another update/info

CHRISTMAS METAL SYMPHONY:,
A UNIQUE CHRISTMASTALE... THE METALWAY!

If you are bored of all those Christmascelebrations with your family; we hereby present you the best way to escape reality! Get your agenda’s out: on Sunday December 28. 2008 one of the finest metalvenues in the Netherlands, 013 in Tilburg, will present the first edition of a new metal conceptshow with a (Christmas-)twist named CHRISTMAS METAL SYMPHONY!

Vocalists and musicians like DORO, MATS LEVÉN (Therion), JOHAN EDLUND (Tiamat) IAN PARRY (Consortium Project), MARCELA BOVIO (Stream of Passion), FLOOR JANSEN (After Forever) and GEORGE OOSTHOEK (Orphanage) have already confirmed their presence, while more names will be announced shortly. They will be musically backed up by a 6-piece band and a 30-piece classical orchestra will perform the finest metalsongs of all times. This unique show will contain songs from all metalgenres from progmetal to rock, from death to speed and from industrial to NWOBHM....you name it...it’s all in the show!!

Christmas Metal Symphony tells the story of Jonathan. Jonathan is a loner and when he is confronted with his own (yet undiscovered) talents, the world becomes his oyster. He learns about life, about human behaviour and how to survive in a world that he never understood. Jonathan learns how to use his talents for the benefit of himself and of those around him....
Musical-director of Christmas Metal Symphony is JOOST VAN DEN BROEK (keyboardist & songwriter of After Forever) who joined forces with the MAGNUM OPUS ROCKESTRA. This impressive classical orchestra is unique in its kind, since all musicians are long term classical trained but real rock and metalfans by heart. It’s safe to say that they will deliver the icing on the Christmaspudding!

The heavy backbone of the show is a fantastic metalband, handpicked by Joost and contains some of the finest Dutch metalartists: KOEN HERFST (Drums / Epica), MARCEL COENEN (Gitaar / Sun Caged), JOHAN VAN STRATUM (Bas / Stream of Passion), SANDER GOMMANS (Gitaar / After Forever), JEFFREY REVET (Keyboards / Stream of Passion ) and, of course, Joost van den Broek himself also... boards.

Over the years, artists have written many conceptalbums and conceptshows; great stories and great unique songs. The team of Christmas Metal Symphony decided that so many great songs have already been written though the years that it would be a shame not to use them. For this reason, you may expect impressive performances of some of the finest metalsongs, by some of the finest international artists in a great Christmas setting in one of Holland’s finest concertvenues. What a great way to celebrate Christmas....

The first names are already confirmed, but we will announce them in the forthcoming weeks since we are still talking to more artists to complete the line up. Christmas Metal Symphony will be a unique event, so if your are a true “metalhead”...you can’t afford to miss out on this one!

SHOW: CHRISTMAS METAL SYMPHONY
DATE: Sunday December 28 2008
VENUE: 013 – Tilburg
DOORS: 19.00 uur
SHOW: 20.30 uur
Advance Tickets 013 Boxoffice en via ticketservice. (info: www.013.nl) (per October 1.2008)
Ticketsprice: Pre sale € 32,50 / Showday : € 35,- (excl. Reservationcosts)
Internet: www.christmasmetalsymphony.hyves.nl (per October 5th.)
Franneke
Franneke
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 5070
Humor : I also hate sarcasm!!!!!!!!!
Bless :
[SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100[SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
[SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100[SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

http://www.myspace.com/franciska_af

Back to top Go down

[SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony Empty Re: [SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony

Post by The Key Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:45 pm

Damn, damn, damn!
I'd like to go to this great concert!

Floor and Mats are two of my list of idols! Crying or Very sad

Joost has talent, I just dont like his taste for electronic music..
The Key
The Key
The Ultimate AF Fan
The Ultimate AF Fan

Female
Number of posts : 4769
Humor : I hate sarcasm!!
Bless :
[SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100[SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
[SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100[SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by The Key Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:15 pm

Sander's update:

Christmas Metal Symphony Hi everybody,

unfortunately, I have to cancel my participation at the Christmas Metal Symphony in december.

Despite the great initiative, the great set of songs and the chance to play with some wonderful musicians I decided not to take part in this.
I have to be realistic in what I can and cannot do at this point, and although I do feel a lot better, I think preparing the songs on such short notice and rehearsing several times might take more time than I have right now with all the guitarlessons, HDK and After Forever preparations and other stuff.
The last thing I want is another burn-out, so I guess these are decisions that have to be made even if they suck.
The organisers knew about the chance I had to cancel, but still I'd like to offer my appologies for having to do that.

However, a GREAT replacer has been found in Frank Schiphorst, check out his playing skills on his myspace, he rules!!!
I'm sure that Marcel Coenen and Frank Schiphorst will be able to play the set extremely well, for all guitarfreaks: get your ticket, you'll be satisfied!!!!!

So, I'm still doing ok, just taking some precautions to make sure that it'll stay that way!
I'll probably at the Christmas Metal Symphony as a visitor, hope to see you there!

Cheers!
Sander
The Key
The Key
The Ultimate AF Fan
The Ultimate AF Fan

Female
Number of posts : 4769
Humor : I hate sarcasm!!
Bless :
[SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100[SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Franneke Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:46 am

yes Neutral

The Netherlands should move on the middle of Atlantic Ocean, so we all could get all of this super special magnus events and of course AF gis Razz Laughing ( dont pay me attention, I'm just kidding and I have had a hard week at school Razz)
Franneke
Franneke
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 5070
Humor : I also hate sarcasm!!!!!!!!!
Bless :
[SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100[SEMI OFF]Christmas Metal Symphony Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

http://www.myspace.com/franciska_af

Back to top Go down

Post by Franneke Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:39 pm

yesterday was the show

the setlist:
blood of kingu (therion)
victim of changes (judas priest)
son of the staves of time (therion)
passion (stream of passion)
out in the real world (stream of passion)
enter sandman (metallica)
paranoid (black sabbath)
breaking the law (judas priest)
all we are (warlock)
i rule the ruins (doro)
souls of black (testament)
return to serenity (testament)
more than meets the eye (testament)
arise (sepultura)
mountains of madness (orphanage)
a new level (pantera)
cain (tiamat)
brighter than the sun (tiamat)
when the smoke is going down (scorpions)
my pledge of allegiance nr 1 (after forever)
equally destructive (after forever)
the evil that man do (iron maiden)
intro based on the odyssey (symphony-x)
evolution (symphony-x)
paradise lost (symphony-x)
dawn of a million souls (ayreon)
phantom of the opera

Videos
The Phantom of the Opera-Floor &Russel Allen