After Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you get to know AF?

+10
Caz
Ktsunami
shadowlight166
dragster
Diane
TearsOfNightfall
Sheila
Beautiful_Monster
The Key
Franneke
14 posters

Go down

How did you get to know AF? Empty How did you get to know AF?

Post by Franneke Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:14 am

some day at the end of 2004 or begining 2005, I'd listening a local radio station, the song "End of all Hope" of Nightwish ( thing in fact very stranged for a local radio station :playing a Nightwish's song O.o), so when that song finished, inmediatly sound a great chorus that got me crazy xDD , it was the song Beautiful Emptiness , singing by an really amazing and powerful female voice, but when sound the grunts , it was like the hell,
I didn't like them in the begining >.< ( I said to myself: I hate when is singing the Beast!!!)
, so for a while I thinked in change the radio station xDD , but I follow listening the song only for the powerful female voice , and after I decided get more muisc of them, etc, etc, the problem was: almost every song having grunts xDD, but I wanted to listen them anyway, the powerful female voice had me charmed, to the actual days =)

After, I connected this fact with something happened months ago,when visiting a specializing mall of my city, I saw oneT-shirt of a band called " After Forever", and there being a woman with red clothes and dark men behind, then I said: I must to listen music of that band! xD

well, so way were ,and of course with time I learn to like and love the grunts, and the vocal combinations Twisted Evil

now they are almost indispensable , in fact, most of my favorite AF songs having grunts!!! Twisted Evil
Franneke
Franneke
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 5070
Humor : I also hate sarcasm!!!!!!!!!
Bless :
How did you get to know AF? Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100How did you get to know AF? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
How did you get to know AF? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How did you get to know AF? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

http://www.myspace.com/franciska_af

Back to top Go down

How did you get to know AF? Empty Re: How did you get to know AF?

Post by The Key Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:40 am

Well, in 2003 my friend lent me Prison of Desire. I was crazy about Tristania, and he told me about AF.."they're similar" bla, bla..
For the first time, I didnt like them very much, but when I heard Follow in the Cry I fell in love.

Last edited by The Key on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Key
The Key
The Ultimate AF Fan
The Ultimate AF Fan

Female
Number of posts : 4769
Humor : I hate sarcasm!!
Bless :
How did you get to know AF? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100How did you get to know AF? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
How did you get to know AF? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How did you get to know AF? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Monster Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:38 pm

I heard the song "Silence From Afar" on the player of my friend and fell in love with the incredible female voice...
Beautiful_Monster
Beautiful_Monster
Follow in the Cry
Follow in the Cry

Female
Number of posts : 591
Location : Russia, South-Western Siberia, Novosibirsk/Kemerovo
Humor : Black!
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://vkontakte.ru/id9346766?73623

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheila Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:37 pm

My first AF experience was in early 2005. I was into Nightwish, and was browsing at Amazon.com for similar artists. I noticed that many people who had bought Nightwish albums were also fans of After Forever, so I listened to some 30-second samples from Invisible Circles. At the time, it did not sound appealing to me, so...I kind of forgot about them for a while.

Approximately a year later, someone on the Evanescence forums was talking about how amazing AF is, and insisted that I give them a chance. I started to download Between Love and Fire, but one minute into it, I cancelled the download (still didn't like it). A few months LATER, I randomly saw Exordium in a store, bought it, and...didn't like it!

A week or so after that, I went back to the Evanescence forums and explained that I listened to some Invisible Circles samples and bought Exordium, not enjoying any of it. They recommended that I try out Monolith of Doubt, so I downloaded it, immediately loved it, bought Prison of Desire, Decipher, Remagine...this was in April 2006, and I haven't looked back since. It took a few tries, but I finally got into AF. Wink
Sheila
Sheila
Estranged
Estranged

Female
Number of posts : 55
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by TearsOfNightfall Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:48 pm

Sheila wrote:My first AF experience was in early 2005. I was into Nightwish, and was browsing at Amazon.com for similar artists. I noticed that many people who had bought Nightwish albums were also fans of After Forever, so I listened to some 30-second samples from Invisible Circles. At the time, it did not sound appealing to me, so...I kind of forgot about them for a while.
That's similar to what happened to me. I also found After Forever on Amazon.com looking for artists that were similar to Nightwish. The samples sounded okay to me, so I bought Invisible Circles, and recieved it a few weeks later. I thought it was okay. I didn't see anything wrong with it, and I rather liked the vocals, but I just didn't get into the album like I'd hoped. After that I put After Forever on the back-burner and started looking for other bands. I thought that maybe I'd pick up some more of their work eventually, but wasn't particularly interested.

The next time I really payed AF much notice was after the release of their self-titled album. It was one had been on my list of interesting up-coming 2007 releases, but due to the fact that Invisible Circles had underwhelmed me, I didn't particularly rush to grab it after it was released, and kind of ended up ignoring. It was when a lot people on other forums I visit started praising it that I started to think that maybe I was missing something. I checked out the songs on AF's MySpace profile (at the time they had every song from the new album posted) and instantly fell in love with the new release, much to my surprise, and hurriedly purchased it from Nuclear Blast's online download shop. It was the best release I'd heard in along time, and the album quickly became one of my favorites. I picked up Remagine a bit afterwards and loved it too, and Invisible Circles finally clicked with me as well. I also just recently got a hold of Decipher and Prison Of Desire. So, yep, now After Forever is one of my top favorite bands.
TearsOfNightfall
TearsOfNightfall
Come
Come

Female
Number of posts : 434
Bless :
How did you get to know AF? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100How did you get to know AF? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by Diane Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:09 pm

My first AF experience happened in 2005 my friend had been a fan of them for a while and had asked me to listen to one of their albums, that album being Invisible Circles. I have to say after listening to it I wasn't overly impressed by it and didn't give it a second thought. I decided a short while after that I should probably look up some more albums as you cannot judge a band off just one album so I got my hands on Reimagine. After listening to the album I became hooked and decided to listen to the older albums and my fondness grew even more.

Now AF is my top favourite band I wouldnt travel across the ocean just to see any band the only band I would do that for is AF and from the day I started to listen to them I have had so many great AF experiences I wouldnt change a thing. Razz
Diane
Diane

Female
Number of posts : 882
Humor : I have lots of that.
Bless :
How did you get to know AF? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100How did you get to know AF? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Back to top Go down

Post by dragster Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:41 pm

Randomly on the Net.....love this band!! Smile
dragster
dragster
Estranged
Estranged

Male
Number of posts : 4
Humor : ENGLISH HUMOUR
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowlight166 Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:30 am

I was already a fan of Epica before After Forever and I read about Mark Jansen's previous involvement with After Forever. So I listened to Being Everyone and ever since then I've like them.
shadowlight166
shadowlight166
Withering Time
Withering Time

Number of posts : 868
Bless :
How did you get to know AF? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100How did you get to know AF? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktsunami Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:30 pm

My dad is a fan, but I hadn't listened to them. He brought home the new album more excited than usual for any album. So I listened to it and was floored. Excuse the pun. Evoke really got me into it. I couldn't stop listening to the album. I listened three or four times before my mom demanded I go to bed...
Ktsunami
Ktsunami
Come
Come

Female
Number of posts : 279
Humor : I enjoy sarcasm very much :P
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-18

http://www.femmesfatalesfm.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caz Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:20 am

I can't believe i haven't posted in here yet Rolling Eyes

Well i can't remember really Razz I think i downloaded a couple of songs and i didn't like them at first but i downloaded more, but i still didn't really like them. So i forgot about them for a while, i got into other bands.

And then in Metal Hammer magazine, you get free CDs sometimes and AF Discord was on it, i listened and was blown away! I downloaded a couple more form the album and then as soon as it was out i bought it and now i love AF and i want their whole discography! bounce cheers

I only have AF, Decipher, Mea Culpa and Invisible Circle. I need more! bounce
Caz
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS

Female
Number of posts : 803
Humor : Lots
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-17

http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sins Of Idealism Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:49 pm

I remember that I found After Forever completely by accident.
I was on a school trip to Switzerland and Paris in February 2005, and we were given the afternoon free in Paris to go to the shops in the Champs-Elysees, which included a huge Virgin Megastore. I ended up in the Metal section there, which had a display of After Forever CDs. I had heard that they were compared to Nightwish in a magazine that I had read, so I bought Invisible Circles and Reimagine without ever hearing a single track.

I listened to Invisible Circles on the bus to the airport later that day, and I couldn't believe how good the album was, and I've been a big fan of AF ever since!
Sins Of Idealism
Sins Of Idealism
Come
Come

Female
Number of posts : 272
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalitia Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:25 pm

Must've been sometime in 2005 I think via Femme Metal Board although being a few years ago I don't remember for sure
Metalitia
Metalitia
Estranged
Estranged

Male
Number of posts : 23
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Being Everyone Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:38 am

Nothing epic here...just youtubed them and heard the song "Equally Destructive"

You mention DESTRUCTION...you HOOK me Very Happy

Being Everyone
Estranged
Estranged

Number of posts : 24
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen_Angel Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:20 am

well, i bought epica's "divine conspiracy" and i have read in a magazine taht after forever are playing the same style of music so i bought "after forever" i listen to the album a million of times and then i get other albums of them! i have listened to the radio the song "energise me" so i have thought that for only that powerful song i have bought my firts after forever album Rolling Eyes
Frozen_Angel
Frozen_Angel
Estranged
Estranged

Female
Number of posts : 16
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-08-12

http://www.tarjaturunengr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum